Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

The name of my business is Gas Station Solutions Inc.  My idea is to open a gas station in close proximity to my neighborhood as it addresses various needs that others and I think are not currently being met.  Namely, the traffic orientation and single lane direction roads, which tend to clog up at peak times, should pretty much guarantee the gas station and attached convenience store should be a success.  Not that there aren't other gas stations or convenience stores in the area, there just aren't any in such close proximity to provide a solution for the place and convenience issue.  I figure we would need start up money to convert the bank location to a suitable gas station, pull permits for construction as well as contact suppliers for both fuel and food/consumable items customers may want to purchase.  After all of this is done, you figure I can then be in business and maintain and grow the location and with much success I can then locate and find another location with a pressing need for such a solution.  Good luck to me.

3 comments:

CHRIS said...

Ruben,

Your idea for a gas station that is located in a spot that would be convenient for a lot of people seems like a good idea to me. I know that all of the gas stations in Gainesville that are easily accessible and also sell food are always crowded. There is a need for more stores like this, especially in college towns. If you could get all of the details worked out for this, I think it would be successful. If you want to check out my idea, it is posted here:

http://christheentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-number-1.html

Amanda Matyk said...

Ruben,

This seems like a GREAT idea. Places like this are always necessary in college towns as students, faculty, and residents need convenient places to get food & gas. Sometimes grocery stores or convenience stores are also far from gas stations. This idea will help. also like how seriously you took this assignment by dressing nicely and articulating well. Your speech was well prepared and informative while also being persuasive. Overall, great job! If you want, check out my post:http://ament3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-1.html

Unknown said...

I think the idea of a gas station is a good idea, however to sell it I think you should add something else to it. Maybe some type of promotion or customer rewards for using your gas station. That way not only is it convenient for your customers but it also makes it more worthwhile. Here’s a link to my blog if you would like to check it out.
http://nkent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html