1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
I've had to incorporate a better time management system because of the varying due dates. I work 10 hours days, four days a week as well as having to drive my daughter to daycare daily and I have usually counted on being able to complete my classwork during the weekend. It didn't work out that way for this class so it ends up being a challenge to complete the assignments on time and to ensure they are done with accuracy and they contain the correct content.
I've had to incorporate a better time management system because of the varying due dates. I work 10 hours days, four days a week as well as having to drive my daughter to daycare daily and I have usually counted on being able to complete my classwork during the weekend. It didn't work out that way for this class so it ends up being a challenge to complete the assignments on time and to ensure they are done with accuracy and they contain the correct content.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through?
My wife telling me to toughen up and to muscle through it when things have gotten a bit hairy and due dates are piling up on me. She's been really supportive and flexible with the housework and chores that I have not been able to help with as I normally do. Without her, I don't think I could continue to get A's as I have been able to do the past year and a half.
Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months?
I feel I have developed a more determined attitude, not as tenacious as I'd like as some of the exercises proved somewhat of a challenge when having to engage strangers and ask them questions.
What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
The exercises that had us engage strangers when handing out money, or asking them questions regarding my specific project or topic.
My wife telling me to toughen up and to muscle through it when things have gotten a bit hairy and due dates are piling up on me. She's been really supportive and flexible with the housework and chores that I have not been able to help with as I normally do. Without her, I don't think I could continue to get A's as I have been able to do the past year and a half.
Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months?
I feel I have developed a more determined attitude, not as tenacious as I'd like as some of the exercises proved somewhat of a challenge when having to engage strangers and ask them questions.
What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
The exercises that had us engage strangers when handing out money, or asking them questions regarding my specific project or topic.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
(1) Try to speak to strangers from all walks of life when out and about, such as at the grocery store, class, the gym, etc in order to become comfortable
(2) Become familiar with deadlines and how to set definite time frames to hold yourself accountable.
(3) Try to utilize all available resources and think outside the box. You'll be surprised at the amount of resources in the form of friends, business acquaintances, neighbors, etc that you can tap in order to assist with some of the assignments.
(1) Try to speak to strangers from all walks of life when out and about, such as at the grocery store, class, the gym, etc in order to become comfortable
(2) Become familiar with deadlines and how to set definite time frames to hold yourself accountable.
(3) Try to utilize all available resources and think outside the box. You'll be surprised at the amount of resources in the form of friends, business acquaintances, neighbors, etc that you can tap in order to assist with some of the assignments.

2 comments:
Great Job Ruben! Loved your part one answer to tips that you would give to other students; speaking to strangers through this class really helped me develop a more determined attitude.
Hi Ruben!
I really enjoyed reading your post because it gave me a new perspective for time management. Sometimes I have a difficult time balancing school and a part-time job, but I can't imagine having to do that while working as much as you do and taking care of a child. It's really good that you have someone there who helps motivate you!
Good suggestion on taking the opportunities to reach out and talk to people at different places. I feel like that's the most effective way to meet new and interesting people, and to gain a more culturally round perspective.
If you want to check out my post, here's the link:
http://blogsfirstwords.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
Post a Comment