Some of the suggestions provided were to be a bit more engaging and to elaborate a bit further on my opportunity. I changed my approach, I elaborated on my idea, I stood up instead of sat down, and wore a jacket to be a tad bit more presentable. I hope that this video addressed those concerns so I'm excited on receiving some feedback.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Elevator Pitch No. 2
The feedback I received was mostly positive. Some thought my idea was silly or that it wasn't original enough but I think its a great opportunity if implemented successfully.
Some of the suggestions provided were to be a bit more engaging and to elaborate a bit further on my opportunity. I changed my approach, I elaborated on my idea, I stood up instead of sat down, and wore a jacket to be a tad bit more presentable. I hope that this video addressed those concerns so I'm excited on receiving some feedback.
Some of the suggestions provided were to be a bit more engaging and to elaborate a bit further on my opportunity. I changed my approach, I elaborated on my idea, I stood up instead of sat down, and wore a jacket to be a tad bit more presentable. I hope that this video addressed those concerns so I'm excited on receiving some feedback.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your post was a little too long to be able to hold everyones attention. In the future, get straight to the point and keep your pitch short. By the end it was hard for me to keep watching because I was getting bored. Another thing to keep in mind is that your idea is very plain. Maybe add something to it that makes it different from every other gas or convenience store. Also smile more! If you seem passionate about your idea, so will whoever is listening. You can view my elevator pitch at: http://saraheverts.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html
I appreciated how specific your idea is. It addresses a need in your local community while also utilizing wasted space that is a particular eyesore I'm sure. I think you did a great job on rehearsing your pitch, however, I would suggest being a little more conversational instead of standing still and holding back on emotional responses such as facial expressions. In addition, I would keep evolving the idea. Develop something special about this gas station that would set it apart from every other one. You did a great job taking from previous comments and adjusting your pitch!
Hey Ruben. I think your post truly shows how invested ou are in this. I like how passionate you are about your project and it looks like a good idea. For future reference, an elevator pitch should not be longer than a minute. It is called elevator pitch because it comes from the idea of being in the same elevator as a person you would like to present an idea to and that is the only time you have to present it to him. What is the most important thing about your idea and would call the most attention is what you should focus on. Good Job, and good luck on the rest of the semester.
Interesting post Ruben. Your post is great but can be more direct and a little shorter. The idea definitely meets an unmet need in the community but the delivery could be cleaner and make the message even more motivational. However, this idea can definitely be a potential change and make a great business. Overall, solid job in your elevator pitch!
Here is the link to my blog: http://jtbelga.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html
Hello Ruben. I really like the idea you pitched. Making use of a space for the better of the local community is great. For your delivery, I also think the pitch was a little too long. I think keeping the pitch down to a minute would be a perfect length, which is what I did. Also, try to rotate your phone horizontally next time you record a video. This will make sure your video takes up the whole screen instead of having a small vertical section like you have it know.
Check out my elevator pitch:
http://jent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no2.html
Hi Ruben!
I find it hard to provide any criticism for this idea since it's set in a location than I have no familiarity with whatsoever. However, it does seem like you did your research in this local opportunity!
As for the presentation of the pitch itself, I'd recommend two things: avoid vertical recordings and be more animated!
Post a Comment