My talents
I think my most important talent is my ability to learn
things quickly and to be able to apply what I learned with proficiency in a
short amount of time. This goes for a
lot of things and has served me well in all aspects of my life.
My skills and experiences:
I have a lot of experience in all aspects of IT, in both customer
and non customer facing roles. I also
have experience with people as my jobs have entailed dealing with customers in
different support roles and capacities. I
have a lot of technical skills when it comes to Windows and Mac computers and resolving
all aspects of issues that may affect them.
My aspirations:
My aspirations are pretty simple and straightforward. I want to be like my father before me who was
able to overcome great obstacles in order to provide his family with the best
opportunity possible to achieve their goals and dreams. Without his support, hard work and perseverance
serving as a springboard for us to be able to move to a different country and
attend university and obtain gainful employment, I know my brothers and sisters
would not be where we are at now. We are
healthy and happy and have great jobs and are able to afford homes of our own
and have not a want or need in the world.
These are all things I’m sure at some point in time I’ve taken for
granted, but I will never forget that my dad had to sweat, bleed and bust his
behind in order for us to enjoy these great blessings. I know my struggles and obstacles will never
be as difficult to overcome as the ones my dad had to face, but I would like to
think I can master my fears and finish the goals I have set out for myself. The main reason I mention this is because I’d
like my daughter to learn from the great example my dad provided to me and I hope
to provide to her someday.
My aspiration for this business would be to be able to provide
a great experience to the patrons who stop by and decide to purchase gas or
sundries from us. My role would be one of proprietor/manager and
I would try my best to make the business a successful one. The business would more or less be my life
for the most part until I can find a balance and bring on additional help or
maybe even expand if things go really well.
What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or
service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
We’re selling goods and gas to commuters, local residents,
students, and all members of the community.
Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as
possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers.
Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
We’re offering these products to mostly people with cars and
also people who need convenience items such as milk, snacks, etc. All my customers have a car in common as well
as the need for convenience items at all times of the day.
Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as
customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will
actually pay you money to use your product or service.
My customers care because this would meet an unmet need in
the community as they would be able to obtain gas and convenience items close
by whereas without it, they would have to travel to another area farther out to
obtain the products mentioned.
What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from
everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
My location sets me apart and would be my main competitive
advantage.
In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph
evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are
aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the
others.
I believe my elements fit together as selling gas and
convenience items is a tried and proven success as can be seen by 7-Elevens,
Citgo, Wawa, etc. The aspects of my
business that is weaker would be that we would not be franchised or have an
established marketing program in place to compete with the established players
in the industry.
3 comments:
Hi Ruben! I think this is a great idea. I am from a small town, so I would enjoy a business like this. I think your goods will always be needed by customers. A lot of people own cars and need food. You can fix both of these problems. My favorite part of your write-up was the part about your dad. I too admire my dad, and I can really tell how much passion you have about inspiring your kids like he inspired you. I think that is awesome. I am excited to see this business concept develop. Keep up the good work. Check out my post when you get a chance: http://rachelecarter.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hey, Ruben! Great concept. Everyone with a car needs gas, right? Even though your business is not a franchise, I think the fact that it is conveniently located near many people in your community will drive traffic and sales. I would focus mainly on your other core competency of excellent service though, so that the people you attract will become loyal customers. You want to make sure you are attracting both budget- and performance-oriented customers, so that those who value great service over saving a buck by not traveling as far will also be satisfied and stay at your business. Good luck to you! Here is a link to my idea:http://analeisent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-6-idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hi Ruben, great post, I love to hear that your dad was such a great role model and influence on your life because not everyone gets that lucky. My only fear with this idea is that it's obviously been done before. Many companies have already tried this and while many of them worked, there was also countless that didn't. Also, I think when differentiating your company from others you should try to go for more than just a different location. If you keep working as hard as you say your dad did, there's no reason you can't be successful. Check out my post at http://zanesufblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1_11.html
Post a Comment