1) A discussion of your
general approach and strategy to search engine optimization (SEO).
What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO?
I tried to use my YouTube video titles in my blog posts to generate traffic.
What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO?
I tried to use my YouTube video titles in my blog posts to generate traffic.
2) What were your keywords.
How did you select those keywords?
My keywords were the titles of assignment blog posts.
Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?
I did add a few additional words interspersed throughout my blog posts.
My keywords were the titles of assignment blog posts.
Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?
I did add a few additional words interspersed throughout my blog posts.
3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts?
As I don't own a Facebook page or use my Twitter page much I wasn't very active in promoting my blog. My bad. :(
4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic?
The "What's Next" blog post was the most visited one.
Why do you think?
I can't say for sure but I figure my take on the evolution of my business was pretty well written. It coincided with the announcement of the Tesla Model 3 which I mentioned in the blog post so that might have been a cause.
5) Finally, did you make it
to the first page of Google results for your keywords?
I did not make it to the first page.
If not, what page of results did you make it to?
I went past the 11th page but did not locate my blog post. I must have not been creative enough or utilized the correct key words so it would appear sooner.
I did not make it to the first page.
If not, what page of results did you make it to?
I went past the 11th page but did not locate my blog post. I must have not been creative enough or utilized the correct key words so it would appear sooner.
2 comments:
Hey, Ruben! I didn't make it to the front page either, but throughout my blog posts, I used the same key words repetitively that matched with my product and business venture. However, my youtube videos were on the front page of my google search, but it may be because of cookies on my browser, since I'm logged in to youtube from the laptop I searched. Regardless, I'm glad we both have learned about SEO. Here's my blog post: http://alejandrogomezent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html
Hi Ruben,
I really enjoyed reading your going gold post; reading how everyone did theirs is so interesting compared to how I did mine. I also didn't make it to the first page of Google results unless I typed the word "blog" behind my keywords--when I did that I was the 4th result on Page 1 of Google! I have a Facebook and a Twitter but I never shared my blog on there either. Looking back now, that would have been a good way to get a few more views. I think it's really cool that your "What's Next" post got the most views because of Tesla! How many views did it get? Awesome job!
If you have a chance, check out my Going for Google Gold here:
http://plantflourishgrow.blogspot.com/2016/04/going-for-google-gold.html
Post a Comment