1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
I think the biggest surprise was the formal process of business valuation for an entrepreneurial venture. I always figured it was established companies that had the history and qualitative data to backup the makeup of their valuation, it somehow never crossed my mind the same process could apply to a venture that is relatively new.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I guess the 10 methods were not confusing but they do have their own intricacies, advantages and disadvantages. I figure with more exposure to the valuation methods on a day to day basis, I'd become more familiar and they wouldn't be as confusing. Also seeing them in action on an actual valuation of an enterprise would be great to clarify any questions and see the process from start to finish.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask what method they think is the most accurate or returns the most accurate estimate when valuating a business.
I would also ask ways to get around or over the emotional bias a seller experiences when attempting to sell or valuate their business.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Not at all. I figure these methods are established, they are currently used in today's business environment are they return accurate enough results to be used in actual mergers and acquisitions of businesses. I like that the 3 principal methods were broken down and further expanded upon in the chapter reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment