1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
I really liked the Entrepreneurial Strategy Matrix model and how similar it is to the BCG matrix. It simplifies things and definitely helped with understanding the concept better.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I think the aspect of entrepreneurship and management that are at odds with each other and how to better reconcile them is something that I wish I had a better understanding of. This always seems to be a limiting factor as not all entrepreneurs are or end up being great managers that can sustain and grow the business after its inception.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask what factors do they think should be stressed when attempting to create an adaptive firm, out of the three responsibilities, if not all can be addressed or implemented, which would they stress as most important?
I would also ask what they think is the best approach when shifting to a management approach after having established the venture concept.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Nothing wrong or noticeably disagreeable with the subject matter. As always I find the book a good read and it always sheds light on something I've either been exposed to or am currently studying in my other course.
No comments:
Post a Comment