1) You. Who you are:
My name is Ruben S. Castro. I am
a Level II IT Systems Analyst at the Disney IT Support Center in Celebration,
FL; I’m also a father of a wonderful 4-year-old named Madison. I’m also a brother, uncle, and husband and I
value my family and the life I’ve been able to carve out for ourselves here in
Orlando, FL.
What your talents are:
My talents lie in my ability to learn complex and technical concepts and
processes fairly quickly and my ability to retain information and data and
recall it with fairly accurate results.
What your skills and experiences are: I’ve worked in the IT industry for a long
time, in many different capacities, always advancing and finding myself in
roles with expanding responsibilities and duties which in effect forced me to
learn and adapt in order to succeed.
What are your aspirations?
My aspirations are to complete my Bachelor’s of Science in Business
Administration and then move on to either the financial services industry or
continue with the IT track and obtain additional certifications in order to
advance either with my current employer or a different one.
Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see
this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I would see myself working in the daily operations and
managing my business concept as a full time employment.
2) What are you
offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how
you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
My business concept would offer a full service gas station
with the added convenience of offering sundries and other quick service products
that consumers and commuters would be inclined to purchase. This business concept sounds tried and true
and already been done, however my twist is to offer exceptional convenience and
service in the form of a nice ambiance, staff and value added experience at no additional
cost compared to other self service gas stations.
3) Who are you
offering it to?
I am offering this service to commuters and consumers that
live in the UCF area and the direct vicinity.
They comprise of all folks who drive a vehicle, motorcycle, scooter,
etc.
What do your customers all have in common?
The common denominator is that they all require gas and they
all drive a vehicle or simply require a product such as milk, soft drink, and
snacks on the go.
4) Why do they care?
My customers would care because they like the idea of not
having to get out of their car in order to pump gas. Another great convenience item is that the
customer would have the air pressure of their tires checked without having to
get out of the car.
5) What are your core
competencies? What sets you apart
from everyone else?
The convenience of being able to pay via a portable payment
device, similar to the restaurant portable POS station where they can swipe
your card and print out a receipt on the spot.
We would also ensure a great service experience when pumping gas and
ensuring the vehicle’s tires are inflated to the correct pressure.
What do you have that nobody else has?
We have a great location first and foremost. This would ensure that constant traffic and
sales of gas and products would be consistent and fluctuations in business
would only be of the daily variety, not a seasonal one. We also would make sure that our gas station
attendants would be very courteous, polite and efficient.
I believe the elements fit great together. The reason I feel this way is that too often,
I find myself shopping for gas based on price, which is a very common train of
thought when purchasing gas for any vehicle.
This is an obvious point; however my business concept would move the
consumer’s mind beyond a shopping for lowest price point mentality. It would make them consider the convenience
and experience of having your gas pumped for you, quickly and conveniently and
without the added hassle of your card information being scanned and your
identity being stolen.
The feedback I received regarding my competitive advantage
being the location and needing to add something to it in order to differentiate
my business concept led me to add the full service aspect of it but
incorporating technology to streamline some processes that in the past may have
sunk the full service gas station idea.
4 comments:
Hi Ruben,
Interesting idea. I would agree that the type of service currently offered at gas stations is less than par. I agree that many consumers are looking for the cheapest gas they can find however, I also agree there are consumers who would pay a little more to get great service and the convenience your stations would offer. This is an advantage for disabled persons who find it difficult to get out of their car to pump gas, etc. Moreover, I see those well-established clients who don’t want to be bothered getting out of their cars, etc. would love this service as well. Good luck with your idea!
Here is my blog: http://joyspurlock.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Hi Ruben,
Great job on this assignment! I like your business idea and think you can definitely make it successful. People will love the convenience factor of not having to get out of their car. However, in order to ensure that your business does well, I believe your gas would still need to be priced the same as other gas stations or else people would still probably choose the cheapest station. Here's my link in case you want to check it out:http://julianakrevans.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Hello Ruben,
I think your idea is pretty interesting. It's definitely a different kind of gas station concept than I'm familiar with, I've never experienced service at a gas station like the one you described in your business plan. I'd say that with all of these qualities you'll definitely have customer satisfaction!
The only question I have is how your business would be able to afford the high quality customer service and products, while also keeping low gas prices? From what I remember you said that the customers wouldn't have to pump their gas, which means you would need to have more employees than the gas stations we have around today.
I hope your business takes off, I would love to experience a gas station like the one you described!
If you're interested in my idea here's the link:
http://blogsfirstwords.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Hi Ruben!
So correct me if I misunderstood you business concept, but would this be bringing back the gas station "waiters"? Like the ones they still have in New Jersey and used to have everywhere back in the 50's where you pull up and a worker comes out to you to pump your gas and get your snacks for you? If I am understanding this, though this isn't necessarily a "new" idea, I really like it and think it'd be a very cool idea! You could even really go with it and make the gas station kind of 50's-themed for added entertainment value to the customers. Especially being in the Orlando (A.K.A. Disney area), many travelers are there for the entertainment factor and so I could see customers going to your gas station over another just for that feature alone. Great idea!
Check out my idea on my blog!
http://ent3003max.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
Post a Comment