1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
No surprises as I have been exposed to innovation in the management class i'm also taking and it was a subject matter I studied a lot for in a recent exam. What stood out for me was the steps they proposed for implementing an innovation strategy. It's a systematic approach to creating or proposing innovation in order to ensure a competitive advantage which is important today with the ever changing technological landscape.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I didn't find a confusing part in the reading. It was a very interesting read and it was useful to reinforce some of the other readings and studying I've encountered with my other class.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask what their thoughts are on the 4 steps to implement an innovation strategy are the most important because they may not all be applicable or have the possibility to be implemented as all companies and firms are different.
I would also ask in hindsight, what specific actions could companies such as Nokia, Kodak, and Blockbuster could have taken a long time before they found themselves floundering and what corrective steps or measures would they have implemented.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I didn't find anything wrong with the reading as the author, Gary Pisano is a world renowned professor at Harvard Business School and a foremost experts in business innovation and strategy. I find his writing style very easy to follow without getting to redundant or verbose. Great read.
No comments:
Post a Comment