Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3


A reflection on the feedback you received from your last pitch. Describe what stood out to you as important, what feedback surprised you the most, what feedback you think was outright wrong or silly. 
Last time out, I think my speech ran a little long as I misunderstood the assignment info and I took some feedback too literally as well, in the form of elaborating or espousing further my idea and what it all entails.  I did get some feedback advising that my idea was not very original and that my video was too long and "boring" and verbose.  To that person I say thank you for the feedback and I can only try to do better; I hope you do the same or you're just a hamster stuck in a wheel.  
What did you change, based on the feedback?
I of course changed the length of my recording, I tried to pitch my idea with fewer words but at the same time ensured to get my point across with an adequate level of energy.  I also tailored and adjusted my idea with the point of differentiating it with a few additional service and design elements that would make the gas filling process quicker and more efficient.  I've always been amazed at the way Disney serves fast food at their Cosmic Rays Diner in Magic Kingdom and it blows me away how fairly quickly the wait for food transpires, keeping in mind the sheer number of people they are serving.  Mind blasting!  Anyways, that's what I have in mind more or less and I hope people think its viable and worth the effort.  

3 comments:

Rodrigo Noguerol said...

Hi Ruben,

I like how clear, calmly, and professionally you spoke throughout your pitch. It made the pitch flow and seem very natural and non-rehearsed, so great job on that because its definitely not easy for me. I really think your idea is great because I think our gas stations need a revolution and need to change because it seems like they have been the same for a long time. I would suggest looking at other countries for inspiration because in Brazil, where I was born, the gas stations work a bit different and I definitely think you can draw inspiration from other places. Also, I like how you have your location picked out because it seems like a prime spot for this idea. Overall, awesome job and here is a link to my pitch in case you are interested: http://rodnog95.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

Natalie said...

Ruben,

I too agree with Rodrigo in how you presented yourself. I like how I felt as if I were having a conversation with you instead of having something presented to me. It didn't feel pushy at all. In terms of the idea itself, do you think that this would only work for that one location or all locations? Also, I would even promote this idea for FL's turnpike stops. Those get so busy and there are sometimes people who have no idea what they're doing. It may be more effective and even help improve FL travels.

Here is the link to my idea:
http://nataliem775.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

Unknown said...

Hi Ruben!
Although I don't exactly know where this location is, I like the idea and the benefits that come along with it, such as the ease of getting the gas and the great service. Are you planning on opening just one station, or are you planning to put these gas stations on different university campuses maybe? This sounds like it would be a very efficient gas station, and I see it being very successful if you go through with it. Here is the link to my elevator pitch if you want to check it out! - http://daniellesteinent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html