1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In
other words, what did you read that
stood out the most as different from your expectations?
I think the biggest surprise to me was the dark side of
entrepreneurship. I have heard of the
negative effects of displaying a Type A personality in a psychology class I
took and the inherent risks associated with the stress levels and coping
mechanisms, or lack thereof of people with this personality disposition. It’s also interesting to read about the
exercise regimen and how it positively affects the entrepreneurship process. This is another awesome side effect of
exercising, not just in general for overall health which is always important,
but also to keep a semblance of perspective and challenge the creative and professional
juices flowing through us. I don’t
exercise enough, and I really hope to change that sometime soon. I think its also a discipline and consistency
effect that translates to sticking with a workout regimen that also bodes well for
entrepreneurs as this can be applied to their business strategy.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was
confusing to you.
One part of the reading that was confusing to me was one of
the common characteristics associated with an entrepreneur, specifically, the low
need for status and power. This seems to
contradict some of the more visible examples of successful entrepreneurs, of
course, not all of them as there are entrepreneurs who do not engage and
participate in entrepreneurship activities with profit or money as the sole
motivating factor. I tend to think of an
entrepreneur along the lines of a Steve Jobs for example. Maybe not status so much but power for sure
was a driving force behind his creative and entrepreneurial genius.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what
would you ask? Why?
I would ask out of the myriad of common characteristics
entrepreneurs display, which ones would they say are more linked with successful
entrepreneurs.
I would like to know so as to incorporate some these traits
which I know for sure I’m lacking.
My second question would be what their opinion is how to
best handle the stresses of the dark side of entrepreneurship and what their
personal experience is with the tangible results to de-stress and relax of
their chosen methods.
I would like to be able to compare their results with my own
as I seek to incorporate an exercise regimen in my life.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about?
Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I didn’t really see any particular part of the subject
matter I did not agree on. I liked this
chapter as it put in more concrete terms what makes an entrepreneur what they
are as well as the underlying factors of their behavior.
No comments:
Post a Comment