1.
What was
the biggest surprise for you in the reading?
What stood out the most as different from your expectations.
My biggest surprise came with the
flux that comprises the official definition and different interpretation of
entrepreneurship. This was pretty
interesting to see that it took some time and various studies conducted to more
or less arrive at a conclusion of the things that define what an entrepreneur
is. This was great to read as my overall
take of what an entrepreneur is was slightly different and it served to clarify
a few confusing points.
What stood out differently from my
expectations was the depth and breadth of information regarding the schools of
thought on entrepreneurship. This was
pretty engrossing and it was also interesting to read. There definitely is more than meets the eye
when it come to entrepreneurship.
2.
Identify at least one part of the reading that
was confusing to you.
What was confusing to me was the
differences between an entrepreneur and a small business owner. The book read of course clarified the two and
it served to dispel the misconceptions I had regarding an entrepreneur and
small business owner and them not being synonymous. When people think of an entrepreneur their
first inclination when that term comes to mind is to think of a small business
owner. It was at least my first
inclination. The term entrepreneur is so
broadly defined that I now understand that it’s a mind set that can be
encountered in all walks of life and in all industries.
3.
If you were able to ask 2 questions to the
author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask what their thoughts are
on what the next buzz word or industry trend can be leveraged where
entrepreneurship can be implemented to derive capital gains from.
My second question would be what is
the author’s opinion on what specific traits they believe makes or comprises a
successful entrepreneur. The reason I ask is if there is a serial failing
entrepreneur, logic dictates that they either change their planning to alter a
failing outcome or they will simply drop out of the entrepreneurship business
and move on to a different industry that more aptly suits their skillset. I would like to know what their thoughts on
the matter are and what steps can one take to more often than not influence a
positive outcome instead of a failing one.
4.
Was there anything you think the author was
wrong about? Where do you disagree with
what she or he said? How?
I can’t say I found anything the
author was wrong about as I am an uninformed individual when it comes to
entrepreneurship. I hope to change that
in due time of course. I don’t disagree
with what the author said but I do hope to be more educated and familiar with
the subject matter to be able to offer a more educated opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment